PROSPECTUS & ON-LINE APPLICATION
The Brush Art Gallery & Studios Seeks entries for:
"Tree, Tree, Tree"
This is a national call for artists, open to all, at any stage in their professional careers. Artists may submit up to 3 images for consideration.
Tree, Tree, Tree – Art Quilters, show us your creative techniques to highlight our theme of trees. Choose a season like winter, spring, summer, or fall to showcase your favorite trees. Or are you inspired to create parts of trees like roots, branches, and leaves?
MEDIUM: Art Quilts
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: See below
METHOD OF SELECTION: Uploaded digital images only (no disks, slides or photographs)
Please see loan agreement (http://thebrush.org/PDF/LOAN_AGREEMENTweb.pdf) for detailed information regarding shipping, photo reproduction, insurance, sales, and commission.
Mary Walter is known for her original quilting style, often incorporating a mix of traditional, ethnic, and artistic quilting styles in her work. Mary is also a freelance curator presenting exhibits for a variety of cultural organizations and a member of NACQJ, the Nationally Certified Quilt Judges organization since 2000. You may also find Mary teaching in her studio or on zoom, exhibiting, lecturing, designing patterns and fabric, and quilting, quilting, quilting.
- Rosemary Hoffenberg resides in Wrentham Massachusetts. She is a nationally recognized contemporary Art Quilter. Rosemary’s work features extensive use of her surface designed textiles, which she creates in her “wet studio”. Her quilts have been exhibited in numerous prominent shows in tithe US and Canada. She has also been published in books and periodicals.
Exhibit Sponsor: Quilters Connection
COMMISSION: 30% for current Brush members, 40% for non-members.
ENTRY FEE: $25.00. Up to 3 entries, 2 views each (1 full, 1 detail)
PRIZE: The winner of Best in Show will receive $200 and the Juror’s Award will receive a $100 cash prize.
The Brush Art Gallery & Studios
256 Market Street
Lowell, MA 01852
- For more information or inquiries, please contact Jim Dyment, Executive Director, Brush Art Galleries and Studios, at (978) 459-7819 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
||August 7 to September 18, 2021
|| May 1 - June 15, 11:59 pm (on-line only)
|Notification of Jury Decision
|| No later than June 30
|Hand delivery of accepted work
||No later than July 17, 4:00 pm
|Shipped delivery of accepted work
||No later than July 17, 4:00 pm
|Exhibition opens to public
||Saturday, August 7
|| Saturday, August 14, 2 - 4 pm
|| September 18 at 4:00 pm
|Unsold work picked up
||Sun Sept 19 & Mon, Sept 20, 12 - 4 pm
|Work shipped back to out of state artists
||Week of Sept 20
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE/REQUIREMENTS: Artists may submit up to three entries (two views each for a total of 6 images). A $25 non-refundable entry fee paid via PayPal or check. You will receive an e-mailed confirmation/invoice with instructions on how to pay this entry fee.
- Only original art quilts completed within the past 4 years are eligible
- Work must not exceed a height of 65" or a width of 60"
- All quilts must be must be ready for hanging with a 4 to 6 inch sleeve (large enough to comfortably accommodate a wood dowel or wood/plastic slat). All quilts must be accompanied by dowels or slats. Dowels needing hardware and slats should have hardware or holes for hanging. Quilts that don’t meet these requirements will not be accepted for hanging.
- Quilts should be clearly labeled on the reverse with artist's name and title of quilt
- Please keep in mind, Brush Art Gallery and Studios is open to the public. All submissions should be suitable for both children and adults. Submissions will be reviewed for exhibit suitability and response to show theme.
- Please submit up to six high resolution jpegs on-line. The total number of entries is three, which means there can be six images: an image of the full work and an image of a detail or different view of the work
- Warning: You may not be able to upload images that are too large. Images should not be larger than 1800 x 1800 pixels. If the form gets stuck when you try to submit, the file size must be smaller.
- Fill in the on-line application form below and click on the SUBMIT button.
- After submitting the on-line form, you will be e-mailed an invoice and asked to pay the entry fee in one of two ways:
A. PayPal -OR-
B. Personal Check
Just follow the instructions of the e-mailed form.
- Please email a description of 25 words or less for each entry to email@example.com
- Delivery of Accepted Work:
- Hand-delivered to the Brush -OR-
- Posted via FedEx or UPS (You MUST include a pre-paid mailing label with your entry if you want us to return your work by FedEx or UPS. Stamps, check, cash will NOT be accepted)
- Note: all communication, including jury decision will be done via e-mail, so make sure to provide an e-mail address that you check frequently.