PROSPECTUS & ON-LINE APPLICATION
The Brush Art Gallery & Studios Seeks entries for: "Little Black Dress"
ELIGIBILITY: This is a national call for artists, open to all, at any stage in their professional careers. Artists may submit up to 3 images for consideration.
THEME: Quilters show us your threads! Celebrate the fashion and imagination of the iconic little black dress. Your entry could be where you wore your little black dress, where you would like to wear your little black dress, what adventures await wearing your little black dress or what fabulous fabrics your favorite little black dress was made of!
MEDIUM: Art Quilts
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: See below
METHOD OF SELECTION: Uploaded digital images only (no disks, slides or photographs)
- Mary Walter (Guest Curator): Quilter, Curator, Member -- National Association of Certified Quilt Judges, Recipient of the Commonwealth Award for Excellence in Art
- Janice Jones: Award winning Textile Artist, exhibited in many local and national juried art venues. Member of the Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA), Associate Artist at the Brush Art Gallery and Studios.
COMMISSION: 40%, 30% for current Brush members
ENTRY FEE: $25.00. Up to 3 entries, 2 views each
PRIZE: Best in Show will receive a $200 cash prize
The Brush Art Gallery & Studios
256 Market Street
Lowell, MA 01852
- For more information or inquiries, please contact Jim Dyment, Executive Director, Brush Art Galleries and Studios, at (978) 459-7819 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
||August 5 to September 16, 2017
|| June 15, 11:59 pm (on-line only)
|Notification of Jury Decision
|| No later than June 30
|Hand delivery of accepted work
||No later than July 22
|Shipped delivery of accepted work
||No later than July 22
|Exhibition opens to public
||Saturday, August 5
|| Saturday, August 26, 2 - 4 pm
|| September 16 at 4:00 pm
|Unsold work picked up
||Sun, Sept 17 & Mon, Sept 18, 12 - 4 pm
|Work shipped back to out of state artists
||Week of Sept 15, 2017
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE/REQUIREMENTS: Artists may submit up to three entries (two views each for a total of 6 images). A $25 non-refundable entry fee paid via PayPal or check. You will receive an e-mailed confirmation/invoice with instructions on how to pay this entry fee.
- Only original art quilts completed within the past 4 years are eligible
- All selected quilts must be able to travel for 6 to 9 months to other quilt venues throughout the U.S.
- Work must not exceed a height of 5.5 feet or a width of 4 feet
- All quilts must be must be ready for hanging with a 3 to 6 inch sleeve (large enough to comfortably accommodate a wood dowel or wood/plastic slat). All quilts must be accompanied by dowels or slats. Dowels need hardware and slats should have hardware or holes for hanging. Quilts that don’t meet these requirements will not be accepted for hanging.
- Quilts should be clearly labeled on the reverse with artist's name and title of quilt
- Please keep in mind, Brush Art Gallery and Studios is open to the public. All submissions should be suitable for both children and adults. Submissions will be reviewed for exhibit suitability and response to show theme.
- Please submit up to six high resolution jpegs on-line. The total number of entries is three, which means there can be six images: an image of the full work and an image of a detail or different view of the work
- Warning: You may not be able to upload images that are too large. Images should not be larger than 1800 x 1800 pixels. If the form gets stuck when you try to submit, the file size must be smaller.
- Fill in the on-line application form below and click on the SUBMIT button.
- After submitting the on-line form, you will be e-mailed an invoice and asked to pay the entry fee in one of two ways:
A. PayPal -OR-
B. Personal Check
Just follow the instructions of the e-mailed form.
- Please email a description of 25 words or less for each entry to email@example.com
- Delivery of Accepted Work:
- Hand-delivered to the Brush -OR-
- Posted via FedEx or UPS (You MUST include a pre-paid mailing label with your entry if you want us to return your work by FedEx or UPS. Stamps, check, cash will NOT be accepted)
- Note: all communication, including jury decision will be done via e-mail, so make sure to provide an e-mail address that you check frequently.