PROSPECTUS & ON-LINE APPLICATION
The Brush Art Gallery & Studios and Ironstone Farm Seek entries for: "Honoring Our Veterans "
ELIGIBILITY: This is an international call for artists, open to all. Artists may submit up to 3 entries for consideration.
THEME: Art work will be inspired by Veteran related subjects such as art by Veterans, art of Veterans, military images, Veteran’s activities after service, and Veteran programs. For example, the Equine Encounters/Veterans Experience program at Ironstone Farm in Andover which is meant to help veterans adjust to their non-combat and/or post-military lives.
MEDIUM: categories include, but are not limited to, painting, sculpture, mixed-media, works on paper, fabric, ceramics, mosaics, and photography.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: See Below
METHOD OF SELECTION: Uploaded digital images only (no disks, slides or photographs)
JUROR: Steven Lush, Signature Member of the American Watercolor Society, the Transparent Watercolor Society of America, and the American Society of Marine Artists.
COMMISSION: 30% for Brush members, 40% for non-members.
ENTRY FEE: Non-refundable fee of $25.00. Up to 3 entries, 2 views each
PRIZE: Best in Show will receive a $200 cash prize
The Brush Art Gallery & Studios
256 Market Street
Lowell, MA 01852
- For more information or inquiries, please contact Jim Dyment, Executive Director, Brush Art Galleries and Studios, at (978) 459-7819 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Artist Submission Dates
||July 19 to Sept 1, 2017
|| Sept 1, 2017, 11:59 pm (on-line only)
|Notification of Jury Decision
|| No later than Sept 11, 2017
|Hand delivery of accepted work
||No later than Sat, Sept 22, 2017
|Shipped delivery of accepted work
||No later than Sat, Sept 22, 2017
|Exhibition opens to public
||Sept 30, 2017
|| Saturday, Nov 11, 2017, 2 - 4 pm
||November 11, 2017, 4 pm
|Unsold work picked up
||Sun, Nov 12 & Mon, Nov 13, 12 - 4 pm
|Work shipped back to out of state artists
||Week of Nov 20, 2017
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE/REQUIREMENTS: Artists may submit up to three entries (two views each for a total of 6 images). A $25 non-refundable entry fee paid via PayPal or check. You will receive an e-mailed confirmation/invoice with instructions on how to pay this entry fee.
- Works in all categories will be accepted for review. These categories include, but are not limited to: painting, sculpture, mixed-media, works on paper, fabric and photography. Works must not exceed 36” in any direction or 30 pounds in weight.
- All work selected for this show must be presented ready for hanging on the walls, must be framed (if applicable), professionally presented, and securely wired. Artists are responsible for providing adequate instructions for handling of fragile work and/or unconventional installations of artwork, within reason.
- Please keep in mind, Brush Art Gallery and Studios is open to the public. All submissions should be suitable for both children and adults. Submissions will be reviewed for exhibit suitability and response to show theme.
- Please submit up to six high resolution jpegs on-line. The total number of entries is three, which means there can be six images: an image of the full work and an image of a detail or different view of the work
- Warning: You may not be able to upload images that are too large. Images should not be larger than 1800 x 1800 pixels. If the form gets stuck when you try to submit, the file size must be smaller.
- Fill in the on-line application form below and click on the SUBMIT button.
- After submitting the on-line form, you will be e-mailed an invoice and asked to pay the entry fee in one of two ways:
A. PayPal -OR-
B. Personal Check
Just follow the instructions of the e-mailed form.
- Delivery of Accepted Work:
- Hand-delivered to the Brush -OR-
- Posted via FedEx or UPS (You MUST include a pre-paid mailing label with your entry if you want us to return your work by FedEx or UPS. Stamps, check, cash will NOT be accepted)
- Note: all communication, including jury decision will be done via e-mail, so make sure to provide an e-mail address that you check frequently.